Posts Tagged ‘PDK’
Porsche 997.2 Carrera – $1295
3.6L Stock Power – 345HP and 288ft/lbs
Tuned Power – 362HP and 304ft/lbs
Tuned w/Exhaust – 375HP and 316ft/lbs
3.8L Stock Power – 385HP and 310ft/lbs
Tuned Power – 405HP and 328ft/lbs
Tuned w/Exhaust – 421HP and 341ft/lbs
997.2 Carrera 3.6L Dyno Results
Softronic flashes the 997.2 Carrera through the OBDII port of the car. With their Flasher Client software, they are reading a full 1mb of the file to completely tune the ECU. Other companies claim to be able to do this, but are only read 128kb and making global changes. The ECU flash will alter your fuel and timing maps to give you a very linear increase over stock. For those worried about check engine lights, there are none! For those running a high flow cat or straight pipe exhaust systems, Softronic raises the O2 levels which will remove the possibility of having a CEL from this type of exhaust. Once the car is flashed, the low end torque and throttle response will be much improved. The mid-range of the RPM band will feel stronger as well. The overall improvement of drivability makes the 997.2 Carrera even more fun then it was originally. Since warranty is always a concern, Softronic also provides you with your original file. With this original file you can flash your car back to stock at any point. If you go to the dealer, there will be nothing visible through the Porsche PIWIS system. Softronic can program your vehicle no matter what country you are from or what octane you use. We have different maps for those running 91 octane or 93 octane and higher.
What are the benefits/functions of going with Softronic compared to the competition?
- Softronic does not require the removal of your ECU from the car. There is no down time at all.
- Your car can be flashed at your convenience from the comfort of your own garage.
- Softronic reflashing is done via a Client Cable that is connected to the OBDII port. The customer simply plugs the cable into the car and reads the file with a laptop per the instructions with the cable. Once the file is downloaded, it is emailed to the Softronic secure server where the file is tuned and then emailed back to the client. The client simply uploads the file and they are done. Total process is about 1 hour.
- Reflashing is done according to the vehicles octane level of pump gas and modifications are taken into account (Intake, Headers, Exhaust) to enhance power gains.
- All ECU Flashes include the Client Flash Cable. You can opt to upgrade to the Durametric Cable which allows you to flash the car, datalog, turn off warning lights, and more. This is piece is sold seperately for $400.
|If you have any questions about the Porsche 997.2 Carrera ECU Flash, please contact us using our Support Page.|